I needed to make a new Dynamics 365 free trial environment for Sales, and noticed that the site has changed, and so have the general step-by-step instructions I’d previously posted here on CRM Heidi. Here is the new way to get started with a free trial.
There are many Dynamics 365 trials available from this site, for CRM, ERP and more. The complete list is below. Important note: Not all of these are available in trial form – some only give you the option to “request a demo.” I’ve noted which is available for each product below.
- Traditional CRM & AI
- Dynamics 365 Sales – trial available
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service- trial available
- Dynamics 365 Field Service – request a demo
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist – request a demo
- Dynamics 365 Marketing- trial available
- Dynamics 365 Customer Insights- trial available
- Dynamics 365 Customer Voice- trial available
- Dynamics 365 Commerce- trial available
- Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection – request a demo
- Finance & Operations
- Dynamics 365 Finance – request a demo
- Dynamics 365 Business Central- trial available
- Dynamics 365 Project Operations- trial available
- Supply Chain
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management – request a demo
- Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management- trial available
- Dynamics 365 Guides – request a demo
- Dynamics 365 Human Resources – request a demo
- Go to https://dynamics.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-365-free-trial/#
- Select which Dynamics 365 trial you’re looking for. Click the Try for free button.
For this walk-through, I am going to select Dynamics 365 for Sales
- Enter your email address.
Add your email address, then click Start your free trial.
- In the next window that pops up, enter your Country/region and phone number. Then, click Submit.
- That’s it! Your Dynamics 365 free trial site is loaded and you can get started
My thoughts on the new way to set up a Dynamics 365 Free Trial
- 😊 This process is MUCH simpler than the previous one – bravo Microsoft for simplifying the user experience!
- 😔 I didn’t see a place in this process to customize my trial name. It might be somewhere else, but I liked naming it fun things like Cotton Candy Playground and having fun with it. When I log into Power Apps, it’s simply named “Sales trial.”
- 😔 It doesn’t seem possible to have one trial environment with multiple products (for example, Sales and Customer Service). You’ll need to spin up two trials – one for each. They will be listed as separate environments in Power Apps.