IMPORTANT UPDATE: Sadly, the Flip-Switch Control was deprecated. BUT you can use the Toggle control, which does the same thing – but better! It defaults to a NULL value. Which is a big win for reporting and querying.
I love implementing the many UI field level (column) controls available in Power Apps and Dynamics 365. Some of my favorites are the flip switch, input mask, linear slider, star rating and auto complete. Today, I will teach you how to configure one of the simplest of these: the flip switch control.
When can you use Flip-Switch?
A flip switch can be applied to any Yes/No (Boolean) field in Power Apps. It changes the display of a standard Yes/No field from text or checkbox to this:
How do I turn Flip Switch On?
Here are simple instructions on how to set up flip switch on your forms using Power Apps:
Dynamics 365 / Common Data Service has recently changed some entity terminology. Entity is now Table. Field is now Column. We’ve used both terms below during this transition time.
These terminology updates become very important when adding Tables (entities) to your solution files!
- From make.powerapps.com, open a Solution file you’ve already created. Within the Table (Entity), navigate to the Form where you want to apply the control.
- On the form, click on the Column (Field) where you want this control applied.
- On the right-hand panel that expands, click Components and then click the + Component button.
Any Control currently available for this field type will display in the list. For this example, select Flip-Switch
- Set your scope for the control. Click Done.
It will default to apply on Web, Mobile and Tablet. Uncheck any boxes if you want to limit where the control will appear.
- Save and publish your changes.