I find myself spinning up trial environments for Dynamics 365 on a semi-regular basis. I figured that if I’m doing it, others probably are as well. Why not document how to do it for others getting started?! Read on to learn how you can spin up a Dynamics 365 trial environment.
Why would you need a trial environment?
Here are a few reasons you may need to spin up a Dynamics 365 trial environment:
- Playing & learning.
- Testing new features.
- Trying new things without effecting your Sandbox or Production systems.
Great! Now, here’s what you need to know.
There are some things you should know about trial environments. They are temporary. Your trial environment will only last 30 days. (At the end of this time, you do have the option of converting it to a production environment.)
Let’s make a Dynamics 365 Trial Environment!
- Go to https://trials.dynamics.com/Dynamics365/Signup
- Select the app you’d like to use. Enter your work email and Phone number at the bottom, then click the Get Started button at the bottom.
- If you already have an account with this email address, you will see this. Just Sign In with your existing credentials.
- Create your own trial.
If others have trials activated, you can join it OR build your own. Check the box at the bottom that says Create your own trial.
- After checking the Create your own trial box, confirm your selection by clicking the blue button at the bottom.
- Select scenario(s) for your 30-day free trial: Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Project Service Automation of All. Then, click Complete Setup.
You can change the name of your trial by clicking Change name or add description (highlighted below).
- Your trial is built!
This part may take a few minutes. Congratulations! Enjoy your trial environment.